Dometic fridge

algynon

Hi we have a 2011 Cherokee with the large Dometic fridge freezer,the second time we have been away,in the evening the fridge was cold and had ice cubes in the freezer, the setting was on 230v as we were on hook up,the temperature was on max. The following morning the butter was soft in the fridge and the ice cubes had melted in the freezer. I asked the owners if there had been a power cut, but they said no.I swapped to gas and everything got cold. I rang the dealer and there tech bloke said if you have the fridge temperature set on high it can overheat and so would defrost. As anyone heard of this as we go to Spain soon and would hate to have a problem.

Hi PaulMold we used to chat on the Autosleeper forum, but for the last few years we have had Autotrails.

Thanks for the reply,was it explained to you that if you have the fridge temperature set high it can overheat causing it to shut down.I see Charles has his a third up with no problems.(thanks Charles)

I had a similar problem with my Dometic Fridge Freezer, kept taking it back to the dealers who did their checks and insisted it was working normally. Eventually after contacting Dometic via MMM the dealers changed the thermistor and that stopped the defrosting. Didnt sort out all the problems with the FF and they eventually replaced it but it did make it more reliable so suggest you replace your thermistor, costs about £7.

Archived