Downsizing to Autosleeper Pollensa

David

Guest David
Hi We are looking at downsizing from our Compass Clipper 21ft to a Autopsleeper Pollensa. The one we have seen is a 2002 (52) on a Peugeot chassis, HDI engine. Anyone using one. Can you give your views. Thanks David

Guest Derek Uzzell
The side single-beds are short (just 6' long), though the crossways double is huge (6' x 6' 7"). Fresh-water tank (normally external) is smallish at 50 litres and the waste-water tank very small at 38 litres. As it's an Auto-Sleepers the gas-locker is likely to be marginal for 2 x 6kg Calor bottles. Which HDI motor has 'your' Pollensa got? There was a choice of three - 2.0 litres, 2.2 litres and 2.8 litres. The smallest will struggle with this size/weight of motorhome; the second motor should be OK (though I've heard criticisms of lack of smoothness) and the 2.8 would make it a flier. Only the 2.2 litre engine is a Peugeot product, the other two are Fiat units. I note that Which Motorcaravan tested a Boxer-based Pollensa in June 2001.

Guest David
Thanks Derek, Its the 2.0 ltr engine. I was wondering abput the gas locker. The big double appealed to us, the one in the Compass is too narrow, length is no problem as we are both 5.10, and not many people sleep stretched out. Still to give it a lot of thought. We like our Compass despite its age and narrow bed. The engine sounds great and is just geting to the peak performance stage at 68000, on its way to being run in! David

Archived