Driving through France.

fesspark

Driving up through France from Spain we were on a Duel carriageway and we heard a crack,Thought maybe it was a stone cast from another Vehicle but arriving home and cleaning our new Burstner we noticed a small bullet hole come air rifle pellet hole or dent halfway up the body,definatly too deep to have been a chipping. Anyone had a simmuler problem/ Fesspark

On our first Trip to Europe in a Motorhome we Travelled down to Spain. We stopped at Villanova and as I walked to the Reception the driver of the car and caravan that pulled in in front of us suggested I went in front of him as he expected to be some time.

Shortly after the police arrived to speak to him because he had said to the Villanova security guard at the entrance to the campsite that they had been shot at from another vehicle whilst going around Barcelona.

fesspark - 2019-03-24 4:36 PM

Driving up through France from Spain we were on a Duel carriageway and we heard a crack,Thought maybe it was a stone cast from another Vehicle but arriving home and cleaning our new Burstner we noticed a small bullet hole come air rifle pellet hole or dent halfway up the body,definatly too deep to have been a chipping. Anyone had a simmuler problem/ Fesspark

Yes, spookily, we arrived from France last night, and during the last part of the trip up to Calais, we had a similar experience. A loud noise akin to a stone. I have been out to check the van this morning, and can't see any damage so far. It is still a little dirty, so will look closer when I wash it later.

Maybe there is someone taking pot shots on shiny new vans as they drive past!! This needs more investigation. Sadly I can't remember exactly where we were when the noise happened.

When I worked in Toulouse, one of our employees had a relative visit in their motorhome and at one of the motorway aires, where they stayed overnight, they were shot at by someone with a shotgun in the middle of the night. Blasted a sizeable hole in the side of their m/h. Police were called and "investigated" and gave no real advice, just shrugged their shoulders and told them they should have been in a proper campsite and not to stay overnight in the m/way aires. I think they returned to the UK and sold the m/h very soon after.

Could have been accidental if there were any careless hunters in the area. I once had the passenger window blown clean out of my Golf down one of the back roads near to where I live in the Dales by a careless twit with a 12 bore. Luckily I was driving alone. A rifle bullet though can travel a considerable distance up to and in some cases over a mile. Why would someone deliberately take a pot shot at the side of a M/H? Even if it was just for the hell of doing it I dont see what they would get out of it.

Archived