Dublin

potus4388

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this query:

We are gong to Ireland in May and I am looking for a site near Dublin with a bus stop near the site so we can stay for a couple of days and spend some time in Dublin centre,travelling in by public transport each day.

Perhaps a fellow motorhomer who has experience of doing a similar trip can give me some advice?

Thank you in advance.

John

I agree about Camac Valley.

I suggest you also look at camping-Ireland.ie/

You will find lots of info about campsites in Ireland. We found their booklet invaluable when we toured Ireland last year. The key card was also useful for discounts on many sites but it was cheaper to order one through CAMC.

Camac Valley seems to be the only one close to the City, and have used this on many an occasion, if you are coming in Via Dublin Port, just be aware of the tolls on the Dublin Port Tunnel and the M50 Ring, the first one is payable at the time of use and the second one you are given 24 hrs to register your van (if not already done) and pay, this can be done at a number of garages or newsagents.

The public transport is excellent in Dublin. Depending how much time you have, the visitors pass is great value. We started off with a really interesting hop on hop off bus tour of the city to get our bearings which also took in the zoo and the Guinness brewery (a must). The famine ship is also well worth a visit.

W have stopped at Camac valley on a number of occasions but not for 3 years now. If you have not already booked your ferry go to Dum laoghire rather thtn Dublin Port if you want to use this site- its a much easier drive. Further south in County Wicklow, but still an easy commute to Dublin are 2 other campsites, Hidden Valley is one, i forget the other offhand.

I see that the Irish Tourist board have a stand at the NEC next month and will be pleased to help

Enjoy your trip

Bob

potus4388 - 2019-01-26 4:22 PM

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this query:

We are gong to Ireland in May and I am looking for a site near Dublin with a bus stop near the site so we can stay for a couple of days and spend some time in Dublin centre,travelling in by public transport each day.

Perhaps a fellow motorhomer who has experience of doing a similar trip can give me some advice?

Thank you in advance.

John

Camac valley ( https://www.camping-ireland.ie/parks/dublin/camac-valley-tourist-caravan-camping-park ) will I believe be the closest to the City centre, Dublin port will be your only option as Dun laoghaire no longer operates a ferry terminal, If you want to be beside the sea then North beach site in Rush would be an option (http://www.northbeach.ie/ ). it would be a longer bus run to town. I have a work colleague whom lives there and can get more detail should you wish?

Have a look at the links,

Hope this helps

Brian

Archived