Ducato Front bumper - help please

Roryboy

Today, in a moment of stupidity, I caught the plastic front bumper corner of my 2013 Ducato based MH and damaged both the angle and front bumper.

Has anyone else managed to do that and, if you did, about how much did you pay for replacement parts and possibly labour charges ?

I am not up to scouring spare parts from scrapyards but would appreciate a ball park figure and recommended places to source the parts if possible.

1850987125_FRONTBUMPERAAAAUSE.jpg.b55b66dca10bb480ff85d97f317619e3.jpg

To replase the parts everything bolts on thus modest labour charges. However it seems you have a paint finish, (on base vans the plastic is not painted), this will need a paint/body shop to refinish which could be expensive. By angle I assume you refer to the metal reinforcement that runs along the bottom, this is think would be a Fiat dealer part. It may be possible to bend this back into shape once removed. The plastic bumpers themselves from Fiat or lower cost from,

https://www.carbodypanels4u.co.uk/fiat/ducato/fiat-ducato-2006-2014.

It's not too clear from the photo how much damage has occurred. Once the reinforcing lower metal is detached the plastic may spring back into shape.

Mike

I damaged only the end part on our 2011 Boxer over 5 years ago. My repair shop was absolutely stunned at the cost of the new one - they thought the price was high even for a complete bumper, What was going to be a cash job became an insurance claim.

My advice is to be sitting down when you find out the costs.

Dave

copy parts available from a well known auction site.,from £30 for the corner ,buy it and get prices from a few body shops ,should not be that much i live near blackpool and there is plenty of body shops so prices are competitive,i would think about £200-£300 should cover it,my estimate is not just a wild guess i used to repair damaged cars for a living,

i know its a disappointing when this happens but its not the end of the world,dont go through your insurance if poss it will cost you for years they like to remind you every time you renew,

good luck.

, B-)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses.

I took off the front and side plastic bumpers and found the metal bar they attach to had bent considerably.

I took the bar to a local fabrication firm and they spent around an hour getting it back into shape and realigning the brackets attached to it and charged my £10.

After examining the plastic bumper I found I needed just a front bumper end corner and ordered one off Ebay at Partbusters for £30 including p&p.

They delivered within 48 hours.

I took the three parts of the front bumper to a local Car Paint shop and they sprayed and resprayed in a few days for less than £200.

I put the bumper back on the Ducato and it looks better than it did when we bought it.

So with your advice, good workers, suppliers and my labour I'm pleased with the result and hope I'm not daft enough to do the same thing again – lesson learnt.

:-D

Archived