Ducato Fuel Filter Leaking

Axholme Wanderer

Morning All,

I've checked the threads for problems relating to Ducato fuel filter leaks and I admit I'm not the best IT person around but cant see anything since 2015. I cant imaging the problem has gone away, so it must be my searching skills,Apologies if it is available more recently.

My 2011 Ducato 130 has for no reason started to leak from the seal of the plastic filter housing, reading posts from 2015 it would appear to be ( or was) a common fault. Is this still the case or has an upgrade to a more substantial, metal option now adopted. Before I invest in the wrong replacement could anyone advise my best option.

Many Thanks in Advance

Pete

From 2006 to mid-2011 Ducato X250 vehicles had a fuel-filter comprising a plastic body that contained a replaceable filter cartridge. From mid-2011 (when Ducatos with Euro 5 motors began to be marketed) the plastic-body fuel-filter was superseded by a disposable metal canister.

It is not practicable to retro-fit the metal canister fuel-filter to a Ducato that has the plastic-body filter.

This 2018 forum discussion relates

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Ducato-X250-fuel-filter-leak/51057/

Have you recently has a service?

The reason I ask, some "grease monkeys" don't know how to change a paper filter and they either break the plastic housing, over or under tighten the housing causing the o-ring to distort.

I have had experience where a (reputable mechanic at a large local garage used an old chain filter wrench to open and close the housing).(He admitted to me what he had done).

From previous experience what you need it one on these :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laser-Tools-Fuel-Filter-Removal-Kit-Vauxhall-Opel-Citroen-Fiat-Peugeot/181880153890?epid=671699245&hash=item2a58e6e722:g:4PIAAOSw~OdVesql

I didn't have much look in recompense in their errors but you learn and they have lost my business for the last eight years. I also do not recommend their services to others.

It is easy to change a filter, all you need is a vice and the all important special tool.

The metal fuel filter is available on ebay for £30 or less, and is easily changed in 10 minutes.

Just done a full service on my 2014 euro 5 for less than £150 including the oil.

Fiat dealer wanted £450. warranty has expired.

Archived