Ducato Headlamp Protectors

HD Mobile

We are due to leave on 3 September this year for a trip through Europe to Italy and back home 1 October.

I have been trying for weeks, without success, to get hold of a pair of headlamp protectors (The Australian ones with etching for placing the blanks for the left low beam) in order to comply with the European regulations.

We have a 2008 Ducato 160 multi-jet and I am wondering whether there is anyone willing to sell a pair? We would, of course, pay for them and any postage costs.

Thanks Mondo

They do indeed have headlight covers, but the reason for needing the ones that come from Australia is that they are etched so as to guide fitting the blanks for driving on the right without blinding oncoming traffic. The Fiat headlamp has no such guide.

These ones have a marker on them to show where to place the benders/blankers or what ever you want to use..I bought some for my Peugeot so I wouldn't have to keep scraping the benders off fit em and forget just remove them when the vehicle goes for MOT..I was actually in North Yorkshire and called in to get them at Leaming Bar Estate the guy there was extremely helpful as I asked were they the same ones for a Fiat and was told no they are type specific

mondo - 2010-08-09 2:15 PM

Try this site http://www.formula4x4.co.uk they have said head lamp protectors for a Fiat Ducato for £34.08 inclusive of VAT

Phone No 0845 555 8008...or 01677 428790...Hope this helps..Some of the ones on Flea bay are not model specific just generic give em a buzz or email and they will put you right

This company supplied my covers and they were Aussi made, Give them a ring to check. Were very helpful when I had a problem.

Rgds

Hi David

We have these on our Peugeot, (but they are listed as Fiat Ducato.)

The Protectors from Climair have the markings for the Headlight Beam Deflectors & come complete with 2 sets of stick -on Deflectors.

I bought them in April 2010,

Price was £44.94 including Carriage/VAT.

www.climairuk.com

Product code EGR4730 for Ducato 2006 onwards.

They also listed Protectors for previous Ducato models.

Today at about 4pm i phoned Formula 4x4,Vancomfort and Climair uk, they all said they were out of stock. I also checked my local Fiat dealer who contacted Fiat techincal and they said that headlamp protectors are no longer available. So thats two of us looking!

Paul

If you decide to order the ones on ebay it might pay to contact the seller before ordering to ask if the have the etching marks.

Here are the pictures I posted a while ago showing the location of the 'masks' but bear in mind they are curved so there is a forshortening effect.

W2G

Left.jpg.e1e8599e3aaf00c07e129c1dd475f561.jpg

Right.jpg.e2533613b18c64b0097a98682ea1e643.jpg

Archived