Ducato Horn

Guest Roy Hamilton

Guest Roy Hamilton
Can anybody suggest a suitable type of horn to replace the embarassingly pipsqueak thingy that is fitted by the factory and where to obtain one. I was cut up in Wandsworth last week and I could hardly hear it let alone the ******* who got in the way. I think I can find it and replace it but some advice from anyone who has done this would be helpful. Thanks.

Guest T.Smith
You have a wide choice. I fitted a cheap double horn that is much better (cost around £25). In fact, virtually any other horn is better than the factory fitted one on the Ducato. The pipsqueak thingy came from the french (Peugot) side of the italian/french deal apparently on the joint venture Ducato.

I'll agree with Clive on this one. The alternative is go own to a scrappy and see what he has in his yard. Upmarket cars seem to have better horns than Ducatos. Good luck Docted

Guest Dave Tester
I`ve just purchased a 2001 Benimar on the 2.8 JTD Fiat. The horn didn`t work at all, it took me about half an hour to find it on the righthand side as you face the engine, it`s below the headlight and almost impossible to see and even worse to get your hands on, I managed to unbolt it with a flexible drive box spanner and adjusted the grub screw to get it to work, the bracket it`s bolted to is very flimsey and fixed to the bodywork with a single selftapper. You can just about get your fingers through the front of the grill to help hold the horn in place when tighening the nut up. It is so feeble I would disgard it, energise a relay from the existing horn supply to drive airhorns from a seperate 12volt fused supply from the battery. Best regards, Dave Tester

Archived