Ducato headlight flasher

stevers13

Hi Guys

The headlight flasher on my 2001 Ducato Swift Kontiki has stopped working, all the other lights including main beam are working OK. I'm thinking that it is possibly the flasher relay that's at fault, BUT, I can't find it, in fact I cant find what I thought would be a bank of relays anywhere, anyone with an idea as to were it may be ? I've also tried to buy a comprehensive workshop manual for our old girl but either I need some serious internet retraining, or they're as rare as rocking horse poo.

Any help would be appreciated

Steve

I’m no expert on this but I’d have expected it to use the same relay as the headlight main beam so I’d tend to rule out it being the relay unless someone more knowledgeable determines otherwise.

We had a the same issue on a 2003 Ducato base and it turned out to be the stalk switch itself. The stalk switch for the screen washers were also unreliable so the steering wheel was removed and the whole switch cluster replaced. Solved the problem. The switch cluster seems to be readily available on ebay so I’m thinking that this may be a common issue.

Hi Steve,

My information relates to a 2005 X244 Ducato, so EJB's caveat above applies.

My eLearn disc shows the wiring from the stalk switch to the same for flashing, and normal operation to be identical. This confirms Bruce's suggestion that the fault is most probably in the stalk switch. Also if the wiring is simlar and as your main beams are working OK, this would again suggest the stalk switch.

For your information, on my X244, the headlamp relays and fuses are located in the engine bay fuse unit. The main beams have a single fuse on the supply side of the relay, whereas the dipped beams have separate fuses, which are connected to the headlamp side of the appropriate relay contact.

Alan

Archived