Ducato passenger seat

Guest Paul

On my Ducato based Chausson motor there is no height adjustment on the passenger seat. My wife's feet do not touch the floor. Any suggestions to get around this?

On the Talbot Express, some manufacturers built up the floor level. This was also useful for storing the jack and associated tools underneath. I think there was a Ducato Equivalent but this would be before the model changed to the Boxer/Ducato.(pre 1993?) You can obtain a smaller seat box from people such as Autocraft.

Hi There why not fit two lenths of 50x25x5m/m hollow section steel one under each runner and replace with longer bolts this is what they do when fitting seat swivel plates Regards Mike

Guest Derek Uzzell
Mike T: Surely that will make matters worse? Paul: I think the most satisfactory remedy would probably be to replace the passenger-seat's current 'seat-box' (ie. the metal construction beneath the seat) with a lowered version. These are available from several sources including Wyvern Accessories (advert MMM Feb 2005 pg 282 - www.wyvernaccessories.co.uk)

We carry 2 small sections of B&Q patio flooring at the passenger's feet, the primary purpose being to get us out of mud, and the secondary purpose being to get my wife's feet on the floor ! or perhaps its the other way round.

Guest Brian Ramsden
Don't like the thought of these unsecured items in the footwell - in a serious accident they become missiles and could cause serious injuries. Everything inside the vehicle should be properly secured. Just imagine being hit by a levelling block travelling at 60MPH!

Archived