Duetto beds - tip for Mike Culver

Guest Sylvia Burman-Hunt

Guest Sylvia Burman-Hunt
Just a tip which may or may not be of use to you -we also use our Duetto as two single beds and as the passenger seat is usually turned to face the rear when on site, I simply let the "sliding seat" roll forward until it hits the squab of the reversed front seat. I find it perfectly comfortable and saves a lot of palaver when getting ready for bed. This action was forced upon us when the flap to support the infill cushion dropped off on the first night of use last April (screws much too short), and as the space behind the flap (if it was there) is useful for the short length of hook up cable and other things like awning pegs, we didn't bother fixing the flap back on again. The space beneath the rolled forward seat is the ideal size for a dog such as a corgi or similar dimensions. We are hoping the space in front of the reversed front seat will be adequate for our guide dog puppy who is rapidly achieving donkey proportions! at 7 months. We have decided to book the second corgi, who is becoming known as Victor Meldrew, into kennels as he is apt to snap and suffers with arthritis at the age of 12, and could catch ankles when arising during the night! I fidn the new Duetto such a joy, hope you do too. Happy holidays.

Guest Derek Uzzell
A quickie prompted by Sylvia's mention of short screws. A few months ago we were nosing around a couple of years old Auto-Sleepers Pollensa at a motorhome dealership and my wife was doing the usual opening cupboard/locker doors thing. She opened an under-sink door and its hinges promptly tore away from their mountings on the kitchen-unit. A brief inspection revealed that the screws holding hinge to kitchen-unit were much too short to get a good 'bite' on the furniture board. I mentioned this episode to an Auto-Sleepers-owning pal who told me that use of under-length screws was a well known criticism of recent A-S motorhomes. Something to beware of it seems.

Guest Mike Culver
Thanks to you both, Sylvia and Derek, and we thought it only happens to us ! on our first night in the van one of the screws you mentioned snapped , replaced by local dealer, we had a rattle in the sliding door, loose fixing, we are now as happy as sandboys !. re the servicing, its some way off but where do I find the MMM guide to servicing, must have missed it along the way,, everything still new. We are off in a weeks time so hope everything goes to plan, but if not I certainly know where to come. Derek, re the van security, will take it up with our local dealer and get back to you. Both thanks again, be lucky Sybil and Mike Culver

Archived