EBL & AES fridge fuse

andy mccord

Whilst inspecting the EBL in my van I noticed that a slot for a fuse was empty, its clearly marked 15amp, for use with a SES fridge only, So I put a new fuse in the slot, but then I thought, the fridge has been working fine without the fuse in, how can that be…anyone got any ideas how it works without the fuse in and why would the slot be left empty??

Regards

Andy

It allows the fridge to run off the habitation battery when no mains, gas or 12v from engine present. Normally only fitted if you have a solar power.

If you switch you fridge to battery (engine off) you will find it is now working off 12v, pull the fuse and it will only work with the engine running.

Hi Andy, I have a Dethfeffs Globebus with an EBL220-2. The manual states that this fuse (15A) should be inserted only if you have an AES fridge. If your fridge is not AES and the fuse is in place then you could totally discharge your habitation battery. Needless to say that I have removed it and my standard non AES fridge works fine.

It depends how the manufacturer has wired the van, Hymer started setting them up like this in 2008, my van & my mates identical van both came off the production line the same month (April 2008).

Mine works as expected he kept getting a flat habitation battery, guess which van didn't have that fuse fitted?

Archived