EU Number Plates

Len Salisbury

The country is in turmoil, billions have been wiped off savings and investments, the pound is at an all-time low with a recession around the corner. I hope they might have a couple of things more important than changing a number plate. I'm sure you might be able to get a 'union' flag sticker on ebay.

I'll be keep my 'D' number plate >:-)

I read somewhere that EU numberplates were only ever an EU idea and strictly speaking, UK cars have always been supposed to have elliptical "GB" badges outside the EU.   Ordinary (pre-EU) number plates and "GB" stickers have continued to be legal even within the EU and my towed car still has that type.

Presumably we should revert to pre-EU number plates and separate "GB" stickers once we leave the EU, especially for use in the EU, if only to rub in that we have left.  Maybe the Gendarmerie, as part of French revenge, would impose a roadside fine for improperly displaying an EU plate in due course.

BLOW the number plates!! Can stick a sticker over that.

More important IMO is Passports. Can we have new ones please? I much prefered the blue GB ones. Guess this will be a cost? I suppose when the negotiations are agreed , it will be illegal to have the eu ones any way.

PJay

All my cars and Motorhomes have had EU number plates since they were introduced, I have covered up the EU stars with a Union flag sticker on each and everyone of them, and have had a GB sticker all be it a small one the last three vehicles have small Chrome/plastic ones approx. 2" high.

I will appreciate my new Passport when it comes providing it is Blue.

A message to all

As many of you know I don't give a toss what governments do, I swim between it all and enjoy the day, camping where possible and reflecting on the trees around me that carry on regardless.

Some of you are a depressing bunch, look forward for that's the best and only way, camping or not.

The future will adjust, it always does. Outside the sky is blue, what better way is there?

Will 87

Excellent news.

My only concern about the UK being in or out of the EU has always been whether ‘leaving’ would prevent me from bringing back from a motorhome trip abroad several hundred bottles of cheap wine without paying duty on it. I don’t give a hoot about passports, EHIC cards, number plates, visas, driving licences, the long-term future of the UK’s youth, etc. Let’s get our priorities right - it’s the cheap booze that counts.

You lot wont have to worry about number plates or passports or how much wine you can take back, the pound will be worthless and you wont be able to afford to cross the ditch let alone tour europe, oh and the sun will only be for EU member states and rain for non members, so best sell the van and buy a boat,

:-D :-D :-D :-D B-) (lol)

malc d - 2016-07-13 9:48 PM

hallii - 2016-07-13 9:42 PM

Number plate stickers GB with flag here http://tinyurl.com/hcwxy8d only £1.79

I have ordered two.

H

I think you may be a bit hasty.

I'm going to wait until Scotland leaves the" UK" - and then buy stickers with the new English / Welsh/ N. Irish flag on them.

;-)

I forgot about Scottish bit of the flag, more wasted money!

H

Derek Uzzell - 2016-07-14 2:11 PM

Excellent news.

My only concern about the UK being in or out of the EU has always been whether ‘leaving’ would prevent me from bringing back from a motorhome trip abroad several hundred bottles of cheap wine without paying duty on it. I don’t give a hoot about passports, EHIC cards, number plates, visas, driving licences, the long-term future of the UK’s youth, etc. Let’s get our priorities right - it’s the cheap booze that counts.

A man after my own heart!

Archived