EU pet passport

motorhomeninja

Being a UK resident, I would like to get a Spanish pet passport for our two dogs. I've emailed the vet we have used in Spain on previous visits and they are happy to sort this out. Typically Spanish, they seem to be very blase over the address that is to be used on the passports. My question is, can a UK address be used on a Spanish or any other EU country pet passport?

I’ll be most interested to hear the results of this thread

We do have a place in Spain which is for sale.

So I to would be looking at using our Uk address

Spanish vets have always for us been very accommodating and very reasonably priced

Just my luck to get checked and I’m not leaving the fog behind.

I will when we finally return to ALmoradi speak to the local vet.

I would prefer to use our Uk address.

So I’m interested in seeing how this thread goes

Den

It would seem the pet passport is only €30, but I’m unable to definitely find out if Uk address will be ok.

We’ll leave Penny behind the 1st time and check in person the regulations.

I can’t see this happening for some time though.

We last went out in 2019 !!

We intend getting a Spanish pet passport when we next go to Spain in the autumn (Covid permitting). We shall use our Spnish address as the dog wears an identity disc at all times which gives both our mobile telephone numbers. Although there may be a slight risk of the collar getting lost I think the risk if very slim indeed.

HarveyHeaven - 2021-01-20 11:43 AM

We intend getting a Spanish pet passport when we next go to Spain in the autumn (Covid permitting). We shall use our Spnish address as the dog wears an identity disc at all times which gives both our mobile telephone numbers. Although there may be a slight risk of the collar getting lost I think the risk if very slim indeed.

we have been thinking the same as you because the UK AHC only last for 4 months, with an irish passport we can stay for 6 months

so that the dog will have a spanish passport, we have a spanish address but do you have to be registered spanish to get the dog passport?

Having had several emails with the Spanish vet here's what they confirm. No problem in using a UK address on the new Spanish Pet Passport, the micro chip details will be registered with the Spanish system and also stay on the UK database. New rabies vaccination will be valid for 3 years as the dog already has a current rabies stamp in the UK passport and there is no need for any blood tests. Future inoculations will need to be done in Spain. This just leaves the tricky question as to whether the ferry companies / Eurotunnel will accept the Spanish pet passport with a UK address.

i just went through Euro Tunnel from France with my cat yesterday. They rejected her Malaysian passport despite Rabies validity until March 2021 in plain view as well as EU paperwork confirming such. . Sent us to a French vet who issued a French passport to the cat with a UK address, merely confirming that he had viewed the declaration in the Malaysian passport and the cat was thus good to go (after a 75.00 euro payment, naturally). Brexit is a moneymaking disaster with every petty official able to make up their own rules. And by the way the UK immigrations officials were abject misery personified - what a bunch of total losers.

Guest pelmetman

For info ;-) .......

A reply to my recent email to Brittany ferries :D ........

"Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Our credit note vouchers are valid for 2 years from the date of issue.

Regards pet travel with a Spanish pet passport no further documents are require to enter Spain or back to the UK."

Archived