Elddis Autoquest Vehicle Alarm Malfunction

bond38

Our Autoquest 175 is 4 months old and the alarm repeatedly goes off for no apparent reason. The dealer, Marquis, have looked at it but have not been able to solve the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

An alarm is not a standard fitment to an Elddis Autoquest so it must have been dealer fitted, or fitted by another supplier, at 4 months old, its still under warranty, get it back to them, and don't move until its fixed.

The alarm was fitted by Elddis as part of Marquis's 'dealer special' pack.

Being an intermittent fault the dealer cannot find the fault and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem so that I can point the dealer in the right direction.

You don't say what make the alarm is, but Elddis were fitting an Autowatch Caravan alarm, not quite the same as their Motorhome alarm and is not Thatham approved or acceptable to insurance companies.

If the alarm has any PIR sensors, change the batteries, they are supposed to have a life of 3 years but often only last just over a year, if flat you will get false triggering of the alarm.

I am Picking up my new Elddis Sunseeker 115 (Autoquest 115 dealer Special) in two weeks time and this comes with an alarm fitted as standard. I was told that it is an Auto Watch alarm but not given a number.

Read on the web it is a version which is made for Australia but how true that is, I have no idea.

Pete

This shouldn't be too difficult for them to sort out. Would have thought they need to swap out either the siren or the main unit, sounds like one or other is faulty. In meantime the fuses are probably in the fuse box to the right of the steering wheel, you could always disconnect, just mind your insurance though!!

Bill

breakaleg - 2015-05-11 10:54 AM

Hi Lenny,

The Alarm is advertised as Thatcham 1 and when I told my insurer they accepted it without question so perhaps things have changed?

Pete

I think it would be worth checking the model this is the response to an Elddis owner from Autowatch on another forum.

"Hello Mr MC*******

I have contacted the Factory and asked the question who they manufacture the 446 CAN for

They told me that it is branded and sold in Australia only and not sold in the UK. This unit is

not thatcham approved here. Our unit which is identical is 695 RLC and is Thatcham

approved.

Sorry, I can not put any more light on it.

Regards

Terry

Autowatch UK"

Full thread here

Archived