Elddis sunseeker 25.?.? 2001

Colin1325

The Sunseeker name has been used down the years for "dealer special" versions of the Elddis Autoquest. (and, over the years, I think for different dealers).

Generally, this means it will be basically the same as the corresponding Autoquest model of the given year, but with a specific set of pre-selected options, and possibly different soft furnishings.

If you're looking for detail, you need to ascertain which contemporaneous Autoquest model was used as the base.

...actually, though I still think (because of subsequent practice with the name) it was probably a dealer special, this model appears in the contemporaneous MMM listings for Elddis under its own right.

Initially listed as on a 1.9TD chassis at a MAM of 3100kg (and with no Autoquest models in the range at that point), it is only slightly later described as being on a 2.0TD chassis at 3200kg MAM.

At this point, its pricing lies between the Autoquest (which now appears) range and the more expensive Autostratus range, and there appears to be no base correlation between the Autoquest range and the Sunseeker range (which implies it isn't just a "tarted up" version).

...it certainly is now.

Whether it was in 2001 is a moot point.

This handbook is the oldest I can find in the archive, and has outline tech specs for the Sunseeker range near the end.

http://www.elddis.co.uk/documents/Handbooks/2003/motorhome-handbook.pdf

AFAIK, the current Sunseeker range is a dealer special "upgrade" of the Autoquest range, but in 2003, the handbook shows there was no base commonality between the two (different lengths, different weights, etc.)

This tallies with MMM listings for 2001 thru 2003.

(Of course, the Sunseeker range might well have been a separate dealer model range back then, but I can't find anything historically to indicate that).

Given I can find differing info within a year in the MMM listings, whilst the handbook might provide some indication as to what the vehicle in the OP is, I'd want to be clear it met the tech specs set out before I assumed anything.

Hi all thanx for the reply’s no more reply’s necessary Thanx ,,, I replied to the ad and asked some question s as description was a bit vague .. it was meant to be at launceston ..he mailed me and never answered any questions !! I felt a little more sceptic about it ,, I mentioned could he answer the questions ,,, he replied saying he was actually in the Isle of Man and started saying about that he could arrange transport ????!!!!!,Please be aware the scammers are out there colin looking for my first motorhome

Archived