Electrolux 3 way fridge

Swift

Hi our fridge in our camper works perfectly fine on 240v and 12v when driving, but our gas option failed a few weeks ago, the gas is on as we can the blue flame in the site glass in the bottom left had side of the fridge, we’ve had this problem before Iv taken the fridge out checked the valve which was ok, turned it upside down for 2 days (as advised on a previous forum) then it worked ok, the flu wasn’t blocked either. Have I exhausted all options for this problem, please could someone advise a repairer or do we need a need fridge thanks Ady + Jo

Swift - 2022-08-04 12:51 PM

Hi our fridge in our camper works perfectly fine on 240v and 12v when driving, but our gas option failed a few weeks ago, the gas is on as we can the blue flame in the site glass in the bottom left had side of the fridge, we’ve had this problem before Iv taken the fridge out checked the valve which was ok, turned it upside down for 2 days (as advised on a previous forum) then it worked ok, the flu wasn’t blocked either. Have I exhausted all options for this problem, please could someone advise a repairer or do we need a need fridge thanks Ady + Jo

The cooling system is the same for all energy sources, so if it is cooling OK on 12V and 230V that is not the problem. If you can see a gas flame, and it is not extinguishing shortly after it lights, it may be that the burner is not correctly aligned. If it first ignites but then goes out it may be that the thermocouple has failed. You haven't said which model your fridge is, or how old it is (possibly quite a few years old, as you say it is Electrolux, but the firm is now called Dometic), but I suspect it may need the attention of a Dometic service engineer to identify where the problem lies.

I agree with pepe63's comment above that you'll get a more comprehensive reply if you can re-post your query in "Motorhome Matters", and also add the model number and approximate age of the fridge.

Archived