European Breakdown Insurance

mtbman52

Our 3.5 tonne motorhome is 7.3 metres long and every European Breakdown Insurance for 3.5 tonne

motorhomes I look at has a limitation of 7 metres, but they won't stop you purchasing it despite this.

Can anyone recommend a company that will cover a 7.3 meter long 3.5 tonne motorhome for European cover?

Thanks in advance for any help.

TeamRienza - 2020-02-12 11:44 PM

It can be extended to Europe as well. I have a family membership. 5 people, any vehicle they are driving or passenger in, recovery, onward travel and Europe wide for all of us. I opt for the year long Europe addition as we do a few trips each year to France etc.

Davy

Thank you for the correction.

I had not found that clarification on the Arrival section of the CCC website.

No problem, that’s what forums are for. To spread information and assist fellow motorhomers.

Have a look at this section of the RAC website. You can build your own level of cover and see what it entails. The basic cover is £58 for roadside assistance, but I have built a package that covers roadside, recovery, and Europe for 5 people for £300, which if the kids contributed would be only £60 per head. A good deal in my view.

https://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover/caravanandmotorhome

Davy

mtbman52 - 2020-02-12 3:21 PM

Our 3.5 tonne motorhome is 7.3 metres long and every European Breakdown Insurance for 3.5 tonne

motorhomes I look at has a limitation of 7 metres, but they won't stop you purchasing it despite this.

Can anyone recommend a company that will cover a 7.3 meter long 3.5 tonne motorhome for European cover?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Saga (I think you must be aged 55+) have no restriction. The policy is called Motorhome Assistance Plus; many of their staff are not even aware of it so if you call them you need to persist. It costs about £110 for the year.

Archived