European Checkered Warning Board

Guest Mike Burke

Guest Mike Burke
Does anybody know where I can buy a European Checkered Warning Board in the UK as someone has nicked mine off the back of the Van. Need one urgently as am going to Europe in 2 weeks with a scooter on the back and can't find one for sale anywhere

Guest mike Thomas
Hi Mike Try Fiamma they show one in there 2005 catalogue ALU-SIGNAL in light weight aluminium 50x50 ref. 070765 Or a Plastic one with 4 reflectors 50x 50 ref. 070760 I have one I could lend you if your are stuck !! I live in Gloucester e-mail me What part of the UK are you and I will send you the local agent address & phone Nº Mike T

Guest PeteC
1( It depends whereabouts you are going to. Not every country requires the plastic/Aluminium board 2) try www.riversdaleleisure.co.uk (think that it, but it comes up if you type in fiamma) they do mail order & can be next day Or try www.towsure.co.uk Also do mail order Think both do next day delivery for extra charge

Guest Mike B
Thanks for that Mike-have located a supply at Riversway leisure. Thanks for the loan offer, it is very kind of you but I need to get one for future use-think I'll padlock this one to the van! Can't believe someone is that hard up they have to steal one that's only worth a fiver-I'd have rather sent the £5, it would have saved me the hassle!

Guest Mel B
I wondered if some pratt might nick our board as well, so the best way to keep it ... write your vehicle registration across the middle in a thick permanent marker pen, I doubt if anyone would want it then!!!

Good idea Mel B. We use one when we go to Spain but they are not needed in France. I had never considered that anyone would want to nick it!

Guest Mike Thomas
Hi Mike Pleased to hear that you have this sorted now. Last year I considered fixing The Warning Board to the scooter cover on large Penny washers and pop-rivets maybe I should reconsider this option in the light of your experience and save any future problems .Mike

Archived