European Insurance

Guest Scot Bower

Guest Scot Bower
Hi could i kind soul help me out with an insurance recommendation? we will be travelling in Europe for +1 year and need comprehensive cover + breakdown assistance across Europe. previously we have just added a green card and purchased AA european cover but is this really the best way to go about things?? Many thanks S

Guest PeteC
Both Caravan Club & Camping & caravanning Club do long term (12 months) ins Personally I prefer the C&CC We had green flag (used for CC) & they let us down twice my 2000kg works van was too big - but they had taken the money knowing the size C&CC have an arrangement with AA & the discount just about covers the C&CC fees AA will carry any size if you have the C&CC Scheme

Don't understand your comment about C C Mayday/ Green Flag as they stipulate in their litrature 'any weight and any size of vehicle'. I have not had to use them yet, I hope never do, so can't speak from experiance, however if I assume that what they have in their litrature to be correct (surely a matter of contract law) then it is a damn fine and inexpensive deal at £80 per year covering my wife and I in any vehicle we travel, we are given seperate cards, plus any one driving our nominated vehicle, we are given a card to leave in this vehicle. In our case that covers two cars, a 4x4, a motorhome and two motorcycles. This was sold to us this way as the most cost effective method for our circumstances when we joined three years ago.

Guest Brian Ramsden
The trouble with the CC is that they don't provide an affordable continental cover. Get a quote from Safeguard - see ad at the top of the forum home page. also, have you read the series of articles "a to Z of full Timing" which ran from, i think, November 04 to Feb 05 in the MMM.

Guest Paul W
Do you not think that 'Red Pennent' is affordable then? I do, and not only that having had to use it in southern Germany on a Friday evening I cannot speak highly enough of it, ending up only paying for the part fitted to my vehicle (which was a clutch master cylinder), the vehicle was retreived to dealer in the next village by ADAC, who were efficient and good, and the part was flown from UK over the weekend and fitted Monday by the dealer, and we were back on the road Tuesday AM, all towing fees, labour and out of pocket expenses were covered or reimbersed.

Archived