Even cheaper tyres

Guest David Powell

Guest David Powell
Having read davids post 09/04/2005 'Tyres £68 each'. How does £42:50 each sound to anyone out there who watches their budget? That includes the tyre, new valves, balance, fitting, environmental disposal charge, and V.A.T. The size:- 205 14 8ply rating 109/107Q. "Kumho" made in South Korea. Used by national rally drivers, International Formula 3, awarded Ecolabel Award, I have used them on all my vehicles for years, car, 4X4, Motor Home, etc: never had a problem yet, and I have bounced off a few curbs in that time, and some rough stuff going 'off road'. "Marshall" is a similar tyre in the same sort of price range, but my local 'Auto Centre' prefers "Kumho". The only thing [in my mind] against them is the rubber is at the hard end of the texture range, but when changed at 5 years the walls are still sound. Perhaps some one else out there has tried them, and can stick something in the spokes so to speak???

Guest Joe Brundrit
Ihave Kumho tyres on my Hyundai Matrix MPV - don't know if they are standard for Hyundai but she's done 38000 miles and they are still going strong!

Guest John S
I fitted Kumho tyres to my Ducato Van Conversion a couple of years ago and have driven some 20000 miles since with no problems. They show no sign of wear and were most reasonably priced. I bought them after experiencing a blowout with a Firestone and decided to change the whole set. A friend who runs and services lorries recommended the make to me. Incidentally, Kumho Tyres have their own web site with a technical advice facility. It appears that the company have won a contract to supply 200000 tyres to Volkswagen so they must be pretty reliable and good value .

Archived