Excellent service from Peugeot

ColinM50

Driving back to Calais on Friday, we were approaching Abbeville when a problem arose. The handbrake warning light suddenly came on, the light that tells you the handbrakes on a bit. No big deal, but it was accompanied by an annoying beep beep beep for about a minute and I couldn't stop it. each time I slowed down, so the alarm would come back on. The handbrake definitely wasn't on, and I reckoned it's a dodgy switch but even more annoying the cruise control wouldn't engage either.

Whilst musing over the issues and what to do, at 3:30 we happened to be passing a Peugeot car dealer so nothing ventured nothing gained, I stopped and approached their service desk and explained the issue. Chappie came out straight away to look and he fiddled about and called another chappie who did he same and called a third guy over but this one with an ordinateur (Computer/fault diagnosis machine). Between the three of them and a few spanners and a tin of what looked like WD40, after half an hour or so chappie no1 tells me its all fixed and explained with the handbrake on the cruise won't work.

At no time did I tell them my name or and contact details and even better when I asked for the bill and how much I owed them, he said, "Monsieur it's a Peugeot so no charge".

Brilliant eh? Only real problem is I don't know the name of the dealership so can't thank them in person, :-)

Archived