Exhaust Pipe Extension

Guest Kerry

Would anyone care to tell me where I might buy one of those posh looking stainless-steel exhaust extension bits that fit over the end of your exhaust pipe and turn downward a bit. I'm just putting a new exhaust onto my -97 Peugeot Boxer 2.5 D. I need to improve my image and thought that might be a start.

The trouble with finding exhaust extensions is getting one with a diameter large enough to go over then end of the existing pipe. Hence Halfords etc are usually of no use. I bought one mail-order from Don Amott's for my Fiat-based coachbuilt. It fastens on with a couple of integral bolts: Part number EXH005A, price (May 2004) £27.29.

Guest Will Redfearn, Wirral Motorhome Club
Try CAK (advert in MMM)various sizes and designs including downward blasting versions with a phony end piece. They are about a Tenner.

Guest Derek Uzzell
A local stainless-steel fabricating company sold me a foot of tube that was a perfect sliding fit on my Transit-based Hobby's too-short exhaust pipe. Price was £5 and it was surprisingly easy to hacksaw to the exact form I wanted. Another £5 went on an 'irrigation' heavy duty stainless clamp sourced from an agricultural merchant. Obviously this arrangement doesn't cause the exhaust gases to be deflected downwards, but it will certainly outlast the original pipe.

Guest Nigelt
Hi I had a superb new chrome exhaust extension fitted by Don Amotts to my Fiat Ducatto 'van at the weekend for £11.27. I was pleased with it on the day - but now even more so! Regards Nigel

Hi Kerry - I have just fitted a chromed end piece to my peugeot boxer based Autocruise to divert all the black sooty stuff downward and away from the nice white shiny bodywork - cost £12 from O'Leary's at York show - I know Riversway Leisure do them but be sure to specify whether it is turbo diesel or not (different bore exhaust pipe apparently)

Guest peter lambert
Depending on where you live, Brownhills at Newark have them in their shop. I know, as I bought one from them. A word of warning though....Don't rely on the solitary bolt to hold it in place as it will work loose and the pipe will drop off and you will lose it. I have fitted a lock nut on the bolt, and also drilled and riveted it to the exhaust. Brownhills have 2 sizes depending on the exhaust you have fitted.

Archived