Extension for Grey Waste Pipe

Big Momma

I have a grey waste water pipe that fits to the grey waste outlet pipe on the van. Whilst on my most recent trip i discovered that the pitch grey waste drain was situated too far away for my pipe to reach the drain and I could not position the van any closer. I either need to obtain an extension that will fit on to my current pipe or a longer pipe. can anyone tell me where I can obtain either as a ready made item rather than a DIY fix ?

Get a large inner tube (from a mountain bike) cut a piece out and push something in one end a similar size to your waste pipe and leave it to stretch. To the other end attach a flexible waste pipe for a washing machine with a jubilee clip. You can then push the rubber over your waste pipe when you need to empty. This has worked for me. If you think you need more distance add another flexible pipe.

Roy Fuller

Don't know what size your pipe is but I extended mine with some of the 20mm pipe sold in most caravan shops and some bayonet type connectors CAK tanks as mentioned earlier have them as do some motorhome/caravan accessory shops. What I did was put one connector on the van outlet then made up two extensions one short (about 1.5 mtre) with a connector at each end and a longer one of 3 metres with a connector on one end. Now I can reach a maximum of 4.5 metres by connecting the two together, or use either singly depending on length required. Could obviously be made as long as you want but have found what I have to be fine up to now and do not take up a lot of space.

Could only find brass ones in CAK catalogue (part No HFQBH075) but I used grey plastic ones..

Peter

CAK also offers "Supaflat lay-flat discharge hose". This comes in 25mm, 40mm or 75mm diameter and is sold by the linear metre. Obviously there would be a need to add suitable connectors. It's main advantage is that, when 'curled up', it doesn't take up much storage space.

(It's not unusual with French aires de service to discover that it's difficult to reach a waste-water drain and, occasionally, no ground-level drain is provided. That's when a not-too-tall bucket earns its keep.)

Archived