External rear mirror

John S

Guest John S
I have a problem when I reverse my Ducato van conversion in that I cannot judge how much space I have behind the vehicle. This is particularly difficult when our two bikes are on the rear rack. I have seen some vehicles with an external mirror mounted above the rear window so positioned and angled so that the driver has a view of the van rear by looking through his above windscreen mirror. Are these mirrors available or are they ex-lorry mirrors mounted on some kind of curved arm? Any suggestions most welcome. John S

Guest Mike C
Hello John, The mirrors you refer to are seen most commonly on imported Toyota Previas. Try Toyota for supply. I agree with Edward the lenses that stick on to the rear window are good and do not use glue so can be repositioned easily. Much cheaper solution than a special mirror. They have one problem if used as an addition to the rear view mirror in that they show vehicles behind as being far further than they actually are. Regards, Mike C.

Guest Derek Uzzell
You could try Wellhouse Leisure (advert in MMM) as the Japanese vehicles on which their campers are based usually seem to have the angled mirrors you mention.

Archived