FAO M Thurlby - Fiat Warranty Extension and AA cover.

Guest Mike C

Guest Mike C
With reference to your original question about extending the Fiat Warranty on the Ducato, I have just been contacted by Fiat who inform me that "The warranty CAN NOT be extended beyond the standard three years and Carplan have no product to allow this to be achieved". I was informed previously by Fiat that the warranty could be extended. "Since 1st January 2005 the Fiat/AA free breakdown cover for converted vehicles (eg. Motor Caravans and Camper Vans) IS for three years but only one year for Commercial Vehicles. The confusion on this arises from which document pack is supplied with a vehicle the Converted Vehicles Pack or the Commercial Vehicles pack". If you contact the AA and give the Registration Number they can tell you the expiry date. Confused? I am and it appears that Fiat and the AA are as well. See the August 2005 Which Motorcaravan "Breakdown Cover" article page 115 where the AA are telling the reporter that there is a length restriction of 18 feet (already established that the limit is 21 feet for motor caravans) and no height restriction when the maximum height is 10 feet. Regards, Mike C.

Guest Mick T
Further to you reply, when i first telephoned Fiat the could not find any record of my van.Confused i still am ,but i seems that the warantee is 2 years and cannot be extended

Archived