FIX & GO emergency repair kit supplied with some Fiat motorhomes

peacock312

Help,i have just used the fix and go air pump supplied with my two yrs 6 mnths old 3 litre Fiat/Adria motorhome,after 10 mins,it broke,i have opened the unit up to find the elec.motor has a small metal pinion which drives a large plastic pinion which has stripped its gears.

I have tracked Fix & go to Italy,but cannot find a email address,inside the unit i discover that its made in China [surprise] by a company called TEK. all i need is a plastic gear.any help appreciated, OR where can

i obtain a 16inch spare wheel,i have alloys so would i need different set of wheel studs as well?

Alternatively if you have'nt got the payload to carry a spare wheel + jack etc.(common reason ) get Puncturesafe installed in your tyres.I know its not any consolation but I have heard of other pumps failing

Guest peter
You will need different wheel bolts for steel wheels. I bought a new steel wheel for my sprinter for about £65 and a tyre from black circles.com for £64, which is good enough for a spare that I hope never have reason to use. I carry the spare in the shower when abroad and chuck it under the van when shower is needed.

Instead of chasing arounds for spares that will be virtually unobtainable, if your Adria is only 6 months old, go back to your Dealer for replacement Pump under Warranty.

Can hardly be deemed fit for purpose if failed 1st time in use or after 6 months. Alternatively you should have "Fiat Assist" & put the warranty claim in to them directly.

peacock312 - 2012-06-08 1:42 PM

Help,i have just used the fix and go air pump supplied with my two yrs 6 mnths old 3 litre Fiat/Adria motorhome,after 10 mins,it broke,i have opened the unit up to find the elec.motor has a small metal pinion which drives a large plastic pinion which has stripped its gears.

I have tracked Fix & go to Italy,but cannot find a email address,inside the unit i discover that its made in China [surprise] by a company called TEK. all i need is a plastic gear.any help appreciated, OR where can

i obtain a 16inch spare wheel,i have alloys so would i need different set of wheel studs as well?

There's a 'products' e-mail address here (and the best of luck!)

http://www.fixandgo.com/en/145

This may also be of interest

http://www.fixandgo.com/en/172

• 4 months later...

Interesting looking at the link given by Derek. There is a page that is supposed to 'debunk myths' see:-

http://www.fixandgo.com/en/172

the third and fourth section shows exactly why having a spare is imperitive, after having experienced two destructed tyres on two seperate occasions on our motorhome (the only tyre deflations I have experienced on any vehicles I have owned) and the comments from most others that have suffered a deflation whilst on the move, I am totally convinced that these pump up kits will be useless on most occasions with a loaded motorhome.

Go down the get a spare route, IMO.

Bas

This fix & go stuff was covered on watchdog the other evening. Trouble is Annie the grannie, did not really give the automotive bloke a good going over. He said it was to cut down emissions, but it is more likely cost.

I think all vehicles should have to have a spare and the means of changing it, ie jacking points and a jack with stands if necessary. There is enough space in the footwells of most motorhomes for the jacks etc and most have enough front axle capacity.

These things will nearly always go on a Sunday when the recovery mob have no access to the correct spare.

:-S

Hi,as it was me who started this one i will give my update,the emergency repair pump kit supplied with many Fiat motorhomes is from my experience next to useless,especially if you have the larger 16inch wheels which on most large vans need 5.5bar or 79 psi the kit simply isnt up to it,it simply blows up!!

I spent many hours on websites trying to track down Fix & Go,i emailed ,faxed,& phoned Fix & go in Italy,i tried America,no luck,i finally emailed China,no luck there either,they appear to me to have gone out of business,if so why did Fiat supply my Nov.o9 new van with one.i cannot get Fiat to give me an answer on this but they offered replacement kit,but couldnt say if it was same or suitable,but wuold NOT accept back if it was wrong! at a cost of nearly £100.00

I tried the dealer i bought from,fair dues,Webbs,Reading service manager sent me a new pump FOC but it is so small,more for a Fiat Panda,i would simply not trust it

My solution at the moment is to carry a spare tyre,i had 2 new fitted recently at National Tyres so i rescued both BUT i still had to pay £3.00 disposal fee!!!

Whilst i have a good payload on my van it probably overloads the rear wheels,as where else can you put a spare tyre?

As has been stated on here many times,if you have a kit,think about doing something other,i did look at sealants, fine for a car perhaps,but doubtfull for a 4ton van.hope this helps someone

Archived