FRIDGE DOOR ON AUTOTRAIL V LINE 2018

Grumpyman

Has any one had a problem with the trim around the fridge door popping off?

Been back to the dealer twice, around trip of one hundred miles nearly.All they have done is stick double sided tape on the panel. So tomorrow we shall have words again. You don't expect this with a three month old motorhome.

Hello just read your message , we have a 3 month old Autotrail V line to date we have not had a fridge seal problem , But we took it back within the first week as i had a leak on the fresh water tank and last weekend on our first trip both washroom mirrors have come off , lights on the over head cab have all dropped and to cap it all i have a problem again with the water tank so back to the shop which for us like yourself is a hundred mile round trip But what else would you want to spend £50,000 on LOL.( a boat maybe.) 8o|

Think possibly our fridges are differant ? Mine is a 65 liter compressor drawer fridge, made by Isotherm. Runs on 12volts , a bit heavy on the leisure batteries, but otherwise a good performing fridge ( and coincedently used mainly in boats !). Never had any problem with the door or door trim.

My V line is a 600.

Rayjsj - 2018-08-22 6:20 PM

Think possibly our fridges are differant ? Mine is a 65 liter compressor drawer fridge, made by Isotherm. Runs on 12volts , a bit heavy on the leisure batteries, but otherwise a good performing fridge ( and coincedently used mainly in boats !). Never had any problem with the door or door trim.

My V line is a 600.

The Fridge is made by Webasto, Isotherm is the model range.

Based on the relevant 2018 Auto-Trail brochure, all V-Line models apparently now have a conventional 3-way refrigerator (example in attached photo).

As I understand Grumpyman’s explanation that the problem is with "The trim that holds the wood effect in place”, this appears to be a fault with the fridge door itself, where a decorative ’skin’ has been added to the door’s front to match the rest of the motorhome’s furniture. If that’s correct, for useful feedback it would be necessary to identify the make (probably Thetford or Dometic) and model of refrigerator.

It’s possible that this is a known problem, but if it’s actually the ‘edge’ of the front of the fridge’s door that’s becoming detached, a repair involving double-sided tape sounds a mite crude.

V-line.jpg.3ae88448aad164783a475b0468be690b.jpg

You haven’t said which model of Dometic fridge your V-Line motorhome has, but I’m guessing that it’s an 8-Series appliance.

The Installation Manual for each 8-Series model can be downloaded via this website (I have selected the RM8401 but your motorhome's fridge may well not be that model).

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/uk/products/food-and-beverage/refrigeration/refrigerators/dometic-rm-8401-_-117124#documentation

The Installation Manual includes advice on inserting the decor panel and how this is done evidently varies according to the particular design of the fridge door. There are drawings, but the accompanying text is minimal (or seemingly missing!) It’s quite likely that, if the installer (or fridge owner) has the fridge in front of them, the drawings would be self-explanatory. In no case are screws used to attach the ‘trim’ section that secures the decor panel in place (This is specifically mentioned in one of paragraphs) so there will probably be some sort of plastic ‘clippy’ arrangement to hold the trim-piece in position.

Archived