Failure of mains electricity to fridge/freezer

Ris

I am assuming all other mains powered devices worked correctly so did you check the circuit breaker for the fridge/freezer?

Quite often AutoTrail fit isolation switches for devices in a nearby cupboard/locker, have you tried looking for such a switch? Your manual may give clues to the location.

Keith.

Can you remove the vent panels for the fridge and investigate where the 240 v feed comes in ? If it its live , it's a fridge problem, if it's dead it's a supply problem.

Usual caveats , know what you are doing, wear rubber boots, use one hand, or get a sparky to take a look.

Rgds

tonyishuk - 2019-11-15 4:11 PM

Can you remove the vent panels for the fridge and investigate where the 240 v feed comes in ? If it its live , it's a fridge problem, if it's dead it's a supply problem.

Usual caveats , know what you are doing, wear rubber boots, use one hand, or get a sparky to take a look.

Rgds

The quickest and safest way to check for mains is with a 'Non Contact Voltage Tester' such as Screwfix # 3222G for less than £10 (or two for £15) or similar from Toolstation # 38097 for £8

You do not need to make any physical connection to test for power so totally safe for novices to use.

Keith.

PS You can also check EHU cables to see whether bollard is live, check for blown fuses and a whole lot more testing with one.

Robinhood - 2019-11-15 4:37 PM

Keithl - 2019-11-15 4:00 PM

I can't find wiring diagrams on Sargent's website any longer!

Has anybody got a link which works please?

Keith.

https://sargentltd.co.uk/tech-support/article/Auto-Trail-Schematics/26

;-)

Thanks RH,

Interestingly I cannot access that page from their menus!!!

Bookmarked for future reference!

Keith.

Thanks for all the advice given The circuit breakers are fine and mains electricity from bollard ok.

Mains into habitation area working fine including water heater.

Will have to get it checked over by an expert.

Ris

Archived