Fiamma 200d carry bike rack overhaul

number9

Hi, I've recently upgraded my van and it has a Fiamma 200d fitted. I would like to replace one of the quick rails and also add some quick safe straps (have bought these) which are profiled to slide onto the rail.

I would appreciate some advice on how I get to slide the quick rails off as they are prevented from doing so by a screw in the main rail and I can't work out how to get past this.

Thanks

On the opposite end, to stop them sliding off completely, there's a screw/bolt in the rail. I can't seem to work out how I can remove this part. My quick rail (sliding rail ) is a bit damaged so I was going to replace it and add the straps at the same time.

Ok.....if i've understood correctly you are trying to remove the rail from the rack? If so, they are secured by two bolts to each rail (a grey plastic cap covers the nut). This short YT clip shows how they are fitted so removal is simply a reverse.

If you then want to remove the bolt entirely from the rail, just pull each plastic end cap off the rail and slide the bolt out.

Archived