Fiamma Awning rolled out in transit

thecat7457

Is your motorhome still the 2007 Ace Milano that you’ve mentioned in your 2014/2015 postings?

There are on-line comments about this happening

https://tinyurl.com/y7s8ugw2

and it seems to be considered a sufficientl risk to warrant some people putting ‘straps’ around the awning before driving to prevent the awning from coming out.

If the awning is also 2007-vintage, it may just be wear-and-tear damage that has allowed it to unroll spontaneously.

Not sure what make your awning is but our Fiamma F65 'loosens' by approximately half an inch, though does not come out any further, after most journeys, I have to remember to wind back in tight.

Our old F45 never suffered with this issue and the little red tell tails were always in as they should be.

Price of progress I guess as I find most of the updated equipment in our latest van inferior to our old van.

Bas

Laurence - 2018-11-07 7:29 PM

I also have an F65s and I don't like it at all (stock vehicle not my choice). I certainly would avoid this design in the future. It has difficulty slotting home properly and I put a mini bungees on the ends for peace of mind!

I don't dislike the F65S and have no reason to criticise its operation, I have had to adjust it when new to ensure it closed and opened without catching. It opens and fully closes as it should but it does loosen and start to move out when travelling, there seems to be no positive 'locking' when rolled home and seems to rely solely on the friction within the winding mechanism whereas the old F45 had a positive click as the tell tales locked in on closure.

Bas

Archived