Fiat 2.8JTD injection warning light

Guest Keith T

Guest Keith T
anyone had experience of the injection warning light coming on and staying on? Mine has done so, although there is no loss of power,and had to travel about 150 miles in this way to return home.. Oil and water levels are OK, and so far has been checked for anything visually on the engine. It would not plug in to Peugeot diagnostics (see previous posting), and now booked in for Fiat check. This should advise of the problem but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this.; Vehicle is March 02 model.

Keith For a lot of late-model vehicles, check lights indicate an unexpected or missing signal from one of the sensors feeding in to the main computer. What can sometimes be done is to disconnect the batteries (engine batteries) for between 2 and 24 hours, after which the "fault" signal should have reset. Reconnecting and driving will reveal one of two things: the check light stays off, suggesting a "glich" in the monitoring system, or the check light returns, suggesting a problem to be investigated at the earliest oportunity. I had this in northern Spain on a Chevrolet engine and the fault was the linkage on the turbo wastegate actuator had become disconnected. Cure was disconnect battery, reconnect actuator linkage, then reconnect battery next day. Hey Presto, fault cured. I can't guarantee this works on every make but it is quite possible. Regards Neal

Guest Brian P
Mine stayed on for quite a time and then continued to flash for a minute after starting the engine .I was told that it was due to the excess cold last week. I shall seek more info from my garage if it occures again.

Guest Keith T
Hi - thanks for this. Funnily, mine was Ok all trhough the very cold weather we had earlier, but in the milder weather early this week decided to some on, and still show all the time whilst the engine in running!Have to wait almost 2 wks before local Fiat dealer can fit me in....

Guest Keith T
Hi - thanks for this. Funnily, mine was Ok all trhough the very cold weather we had earlier, but in the milder weather early this week decided to some on, and still show all the time whilst the engine in running!Have to wait almost 2 wks before local Fiat dealer can fit me in....

Guest Bill Ord
I have had this fault on a 2.8 jtd, I had a wiper fuse blow and accidentaly removed the wrong fuse to replace. It turned out that the fuse was connected to the injection system. I replaced the fuse and the wiper fuse but the injection fuse had not made good contact. I found the problem and made a good contact and the engine started but the alarm light showing an injector on the instrument panel stayed on. I was on the french border at the time and made a call to the nearest Fiat dealer and explained what had happened and I was told "No Problem" but I would have to go to a Fiat dealer to have the alarm reset. The alarm once triggered will not reset when the problem goes away and you must visit a Fiat dealer. You have probably had a signal interuption the line to the injector and although all is now well you will have to go to a Fiat dealet, I was charged £20 at Grays of Warwick but at least you then there is or is not a problem. Bill Ord

Guest Keith T
Hi Bill, yes I hope that's all I shall find, but I agree that it's best to have it chekd out by Fiat. At least Peugeot ahd the decency not to charge me last week, even though they tried, and chkd evrything manually. That's what I call good service!

I have had a problem on several occations when the engine managment light comes on. eventually the vehicle starts to misfire. My vehicle has had this fault three time, twice I have bee recovered from the motorway as continuing to drive will damage the engine. Both the AA and fiat have confirmed this. The fault was traced to a faulty electrical connection to number 4 injector. after three attempts by the local fiat garage the fault was rectified. I was told this is a common fault with the engine.

Archived