Fiat Ducato Cruise Control / additional warning lights

samnkeez

Whilst driving my 2.3 Fiat Ducato Rollerteam T590 from Southampton TO Cornwall I was using the factory fitted cruise control frequently. After a while when I turned on cruise control the water in diesel and ABS warning lights also came on. They instantly went out when I turned the cruise control off.

The local dealer in Cornwall can't look at it for 6 days and I have to drive to Bath before then.

Assuming I don't use Cruise Control on that journey I am assuming I will not be doing any damage.

I have got the vehicle booked in a service centre in Bristol to investigate, however in the meantime has anyone else experienced a similar problem

...It's a very common problem, and particularly with use of cruise control.

It is a faulty instrument cluster, and the additional lights come on as a result of "shorting" in the cluster.

Any (FIAT commercial) dealer should know about it, and if in warranty replace the cluster. If out of warranty, you should argue your case with Fiat for free replacement as it is a well-known and regular fault.

There are a number of posts on here about it (but I'm just off out and haven't got time to search).

You shouldn't cause any problems, even if you use CC.

(I've had mine replaced in a 2015 X/290 for exactly the same fault).

The relevant Cartronix webpage is here

http://www.cartronix.co.uk/manufacturers/product/206-fiat-ducato-mk3-van-and-motor-home-instrument-cluster-dash-repair

It would be interesting to know exactly what the Cartronix ‘fix’ for the dim/spurious instrument warning-lights fault entails as, if they can permanently cure the problem, they must have been able to accurately identify the cause. Hopefully Citroen/Fiat/Peugeot have been able to do the same and have incorporated the necessary modifications in the latest instrument clusters.

We had the same problem with our Peugeot based van. Quick trip to dealer who just needed to pop the panel out two get the model number followed by a visit a few days later when they changed the panel while I waited. All very painless. Ours was under warrenty but dealer told me they've done loads the are no and its always been done free

• 2 weeks later...

By way of an update. We are now back home and I have contacted our local Fiat commercial dealer in Southampton. After providing them with a few details they have advised me that the work will be done under warranty.

A happy ending and thanks to all of your support

Archived