Fiat Ducato Fuel Consumption

Guest Steve Knight

Guest Steve Knight
I have just bought a Ducato based Swift Kontiki, 1996, 2.5 Turbo Diesel. It has a mechanical injector pump. I am getting between 24.5 and 28.5 mpg on mixed motoring. I have not done many miles yet to get a good average but am wondering if this is in the usual region for these vehicles. I would be interested to hear what other users of same or similar vehicles get.

Guest Simon B
I had a 97 Swift Royale 590 RS with the 2.5 tdi engine. I checked the mpg over the first 2000 miles when I got it - averaged out at 25 mpg.

Guest Peter Goddard
We had a 2.5td Royale 540 and got a constant 27mpg over many years of motoring. We cruised at 55mph where possible but if we hurried at over 60mph the consumption could drop to about 25mpg. The fuel consumption at speed also varied with load and wind conditions. During one holiday to the Highlands we managed 31mpg due to the very low avarage speeds on those roads. Our new Burstner t615 with a 2.3td is averaging 29mpg with a high of 31 on the last tank, despite being quite a bit heavier than the old van, maybe because we now have a cruise control fitted.

Archived