Fiat Ducato Roller team 746

ChrisD

Good Evening

I have a 2017 Roller team 746 fitted with a Nordelettronica NE287 17A battery charger.

My question is that how is the charger switched off?

I want to be able to use EHU and the 240v system in the camper and the 12V lighting system from the batteries but I don't want the batteries continually charged from the mains.

I can't see an on/off switch or is it a case of yanking out (tech term) the mains cable?

Many thanks

Details of Nordelettronica NE287 battery chargers are here

https://www.gesinternational.it/prodotti/schede_tecniche/20180719-112048.pdf

As you highlight, there is no mention in the text of these chargers having an On/Off switch and the drawings (and on-line photos) show no sign of such a switch.

So - unless your motorhome has the capability to remotely switch the charger On or Off (eg. via the motorhome’s main control-panel or by a dedicated switch in the 230V power-supply to the charger) - it appears that in order to turn Off just the charger you’d need to remove the 230V cable-plug from the charger’s Input socket.

(My 1996-built Herald motorhome’s onboard battery-charger was buried behind a panel in one of the high-level lockers. Although the charger did, in fact, carry an On/Off switch, this could not be easily accessed and Herald had fitted a ‘domestic style’ On/Off switch in the 230V cable that led to the charger.)

There is only one real cut off, and that is between earth. At home your earth pole in the ground. But it can be different of what is connected. A power station supplies only phases, not earth. A car or motor home has lot of masses in the chassis etc. Any no metal connection can drop voltage. To have a real black- down in your motorhome is a master- mass down switch. Your base vehicle has his own.

Archived