Fiat Ducato X250 - dipstick colour?

Derek Uzzell

Within this recent forum thread

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Fiat-Ducato-Euro-4-engine-oil/51575/#M600552

the colour (yellow or red) of the plastic top (‘handle’) of a Ducato X250’s dipstick is discussed.

Could forum members owning A DUCATO X250 WITH THE 3.0LITRE MOTOR please say whether the plastic ‘handle’ of their motor’s dipstick is yellow or red.

I'd just like to add a little bit more "meat" to this thread following Derek's kind proactive action to seek further information on my behalf (OP of above link).

The dipstick on my Fiat X250, 3 litre engine (with red handle) has the following measurements:

A) 690mm from underside of handle to max mark;

B) 35mm from max mark to min mark.

If you do have this engine, I'd really appreciate if you could measure your dipstick with respect to dimensions A & B and indicate whether this is for either a red/yellow handle.

Thank you.

Casimir - 2019-03-18 2:41 PM

I have a Ducato X250 with a 3.0L engine. The top of the dipstick is red. The measurements are also 690mm and 35mm. Hope this helps.

Very many thanks Casimir for confirming your dipstick dimensions and colour....and going that extra mile for me. That's very good news.

You've made me a very happy bunny :-D Thanks a lot.

PS. I was starting to become convinced that the garage had replaced my dipstick with another.

Archived