Fiat Ducato X250 - windscreen wiper fault

mel64

I’m doubtful that your problem is relay-related as the wipers work OK on their slow, medium and fast settings. It’s seems more likely that there’s a fault with the wiper operating-stalk, or with the wiper-motor unit, or even with the vehicle’s ECU.

I have edited this thread’s title to clarify that the vehicle involved is a Fiat Ducato X250. Hopefully Nick Fisher (euroserv) will notice this and can advise.

As Derek points out on your vehicle it is unlikely to have the Schaudt Wiper controller relay, but on Hymer A Class style vehicles with their huge windscreens and triple wipers the Schaudt WSF 'Relay' controls all aspects.

It controls Intermittent operation, the speeds and on some even the 'Park' function.

It is not a relay in the conventional sense but a Wiper controller.

Although this fault is a little unusual, i will suggest that it is almost certainly the wiper motor at fault. It has the speed control and intermittent timer built onto it. The stalks are very reliable and even with the mileages our vans do; we have never had to change one.

It is possible to buy the motor on it's own but for the modest extra outlay you should buy the complete assembly. It's actually no harder to change the lot and the links will wear out eventually anyway.

N

Archived