Fiat Ducato dash socket blank.

grahamw

Just taken delivery of new PVC based on 2010 Fiat Ducato LWB. On the dash is the usual 12v socket outlet but alongside it is a similar sized blanking plug. I assume that this would be where a cigarette lighter socket would be fitted. On removal of the blanking plug it has attached to the back a fully wired connector plug which shows 12 volts available when the ignition is turned on plus a ground connection. A smaller gauge third wire is also avalable in the plug but I'm not quite sure what that is for.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed a connector for a cigarette lighter socket. What is the third wire for? Will only a Fiat original part fit the hole or are there third party ones available that will fit?

Any advice gratefully received.

Graham

Hello,

The little wire is for the illumination of the socket when your ignition or lights are on. It is highly likely that other makes would fit, I would recommend using the either one made by Hella or the original Fiat one which although I can't locate it on the Fiat parts disc, is probably not expensive.

Nick

Archived