Fiat Ducato headlights

Guest Mike P

Guest Mike P
I think I remember reading an article or letter in MMM a few months ago which referred to a Fiat part for adapting Fiat headlamps for driving in Europe. It was suggested that most Fiat spares departments were not aware of this part because it was not chargeable (ie free!)and went on to give the part number. Does anyone remember this or am I just going senile?

Guest Don Madge
Mike, I don't remember reading about the free part, but I could have been away. I bought my headlamp protectors 2 years ago and The part number was 01/0046002368 Price £43.48 that includes vat. Regards Don

Guest Mike C
Hello Mike, Have just bought "Continental" headlamp protectors for the Ducato from Formula 4x4 on the internet. They have these for mk 1 and mk 2 models for UK and Continental use at £34 inc VAT ex. carriage. You will need to phone them to order as these are not shown on the on-line order system. Regards, Mike C.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris
I have just purchased headlamp protectors from Phoenix Car Accessories Part number EGR4719TC for £34.99 including postage. Phone 01248 750730. Fiats own version part number 460002368 are £45. They fit 2.8JTD's from 2002 onwards and both have continental adapters. But the only important bit are the continental adapters which are two bits of black seff adhesive plastic two and a half inches by two inches. The secret is knowing where to put them but it would be easy if you only want the continental adapter to cut two pieces of duck tape and stick it on the right place. It would be easy to measure the lens and fit it.

Guest Donmadge
Chris, The Fiat ones are marked where the tape goes. I keep one set for travelling on the conitnent. If you like I will take a photo of the covers and mail them to you if that would help. Regards Don

Guest Chris
Don Thanks for your offer but I have unintentionally misled you. I have bought the protectors with the marks on them, so I am OK but has cost £35. I was just surmising that if people only want the continental adapters then a bit of tape for a few pence would do. I was thinking along the lines of perhaps a paper mask with the position for the tape as a cut out but your idea of a photo would work as well. It would seem that we dont need to spend £35 or £45 but I suppose some black stickers and a cut out costing a few pence wouldn't be worth a manufacture selling it.

Archived