You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Fiat Ducato – spare key to open door only?
AuthorMessage
userrobdav
Posted: 4 May 2021 12:42 PM
Subject: Fiat Ducato – spare key to open door only?

Pops in from time to time

Hi

The spare key you get with a recent Fiat Ducato appears to be a regular(ish) key.

However, does it have some ’smarts’, a chip or something to enable the engine to be started?

I’m after a spare key that can ONLY open the doors so I guess a decent locksmith?

Thanks

Rob
userbreakaleg
Posted: 4 May 2021 12:53 PM
Subject: RE: Fiat Ducato – spare key to open door only?

Epic contributor

I asked for a key recently without transponders and was told £20.00 with transponder but without would need to be ordered and cost around £10.00.
Pete
userColinM50
Posted: 4 May 2021 2:36 PM

Lives on the forums

Timson's at one of your local supermarket will cut you one. I got two, one's screwed under the van somewhere you'd never find it if you didn't know it was there. Strangely, I lost the other one so if anybody finds a key anywhere, please let me have it back.
user23addy46
Posted: 4 May 2021 8:29 PM

Liking what I've found

Hi - re the 'spare key' thread - Yes a spare without the 'chip' is possible & very easy to achieve - Just go to a Locksmith (but from my experiences - not Timpsons Franchise set ups) ! I had one cut way back in 2009 at £5.00 - after we bought our 2009 E695 Bessacarr then found out how easy it was to get diesel on the Ignition 'Key Bunch' at refills (its the Swift fitted Fuel Cap Door that causes difficulty). I agree its also a great 'Hide Away' tip !!

Keep Safe

Dave Adams
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator