Fiat Horn

foxy

Can any one offer advice on how to get at and exchange the pathetic sounding horn on a new model Fiat ducatto. I have located where it is but cannot get at it.

Guest John S
I had the same problem Foxy, with my 1999 Ducato. I don't know where your horn is located but mine was tucked behind the front nearside wheel arch. It sounded pathetic like yours. I left mine in situ and replaced it with a pair of air horns from Halfords. The installation was quite straightforward and the improvement dramatic! Hope this helps JohnS

Guest John P
Yes the Fiat horns are pathetic. I have fitted a set of airhorns to my Fiat based Hymer. You may not even have to use the relay which comes with the airhorn kit because Fiat tend to use a relay with their standard horn. You can check if this is so on your vehicle by removing one connection from the existing horn (located low down on the nearside) and then pressing the horn button. You should hear a click if an original relay is fitted. Ensure that you use cables of adequate size. You will also be able to use holes which Fiat kindly provided in the various brackets at the front of the body for mounting components. Best of luck!

Guest Keith
Hi Foxy You will need to remove the front bumper. Not as daunting as it first looks. Remove the panel from between the headlights with the three large screws. Pop out the three plastic locators on the wheel arches and then with a torque bit in your screwdriver undo the under-bumper and over-bumper bolts there are two under the wheel arch and one of these you will need a long extension to reach. Take out the nearside headlamp two screws and a straight pull to release out of the outer clip. If you go the air horn route there is just room for the compressor and three horns under the nearside headlamp. My compressor needed about 3 metres of 3mm cable and a 30amp in line fuse but it can certainly turn heads.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Foxy
Thanks everyone for your help. I now have a horn I can now beep without embarrasment. Foxy PS. I got at it without removing the skirt, just removed middle panel & N/S headlight.

Archived