Fiat/Peugeot panel van conversion

Guest Don Madge

Guest Don Madge
If you have a Fiat/Peugeot panel van conversion that's fitted with a towing bracket you might have a problem releasing the spare wheel from it's cradle. I watched a fellow Timberland owner trying to get his spare wheel from underneath the vehicle, he lowered the cradle but the towing bracket prevented the wheel from coming free. He then proceeded to jack up the towing bracket and released the wheel. It was scary watching the vehicle sway from side to side as he raised the vehicle. Fortunately it was the front tyre that was flat Now, if that had been me I would have reversed on to my leveling blocks and raised the back end that way. Incidentally the spare wheel only fits into the cradle one way, he found that out the hard way too. Safe travelling Don

Guest Mel E
The new van conversion's spare wheel will stay at home in the garage. All tyres will be treated with an internal tyre protection substance (Ultraseal or similar). The only problem then is if a tyre gets badly damaged - and in this case, I'll call out a garage. An underbody tyre cradle is a definite no=no for me!

Guest Mel E
The new van conversion's spare wheel will stay at home in the garage. All tyres will be treated with an internal tyre protection substance (Ultraseal or similar). The only problem then is if a tyre gets badly damaged - and in this case, I'll call out a garage. An underbody tyre cradle is a definite no=no for me!

Archived