Fiat Recall

Guest Roy Hamilton

We have a Fiat 2.8JTD registered in April 2003. Three items in our recall just received. First is some extra protection for front brake pipes where they go through the chassis, second is a water in fuel sensor to be fitted to the fuel filter and presumably to the dash and the third is an oval stop for the accelerator pedal.

Does anyone know how far back these mods go? Mine is 1999 2.8 but not JTD? You know, the one with the dodgy gearbox. Thanks in advance Stuart

Guest Roy Hamilton
Thanks to those who have replied. I have found out that if you go to www.vosa.gov.uk and then to "online services" on the right and then to "recall database" down the centre you will be able to trace all the recalls. That is providing the manufacturer is up to date with the VOSA. Regards.

Guest SAM WOOD
Oh boy, put our van in for the recall and said can you give it a service [36000 miles] they [Perrys at Aylesbury] called at 10 am to say the front brake pads wont last to next service, I said how much they said £140.00 I said ok went to collect it at 1pm total bill £694.40 £85.oo per hour for labour NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL T GO THERE A TOTAL RIP OFF

Guest ceri gleaves
Hi yes we have just had a recall on our van April 03 model for the front brake hoses, going to be done on Friday, the annoying part is we have to travel a 60 mile round trip, to get to a garage Fiat reccomended thats available to accomadate our size of van ( kontiki), we are closer to two local Fiat dealers who are not able to take it. This is the second recall we have had in 3 months, the earlier was for the rubber tyre valves to be changed to steel. theres got to be a third wait for it.

Guest ceri gleaves
Hi yes we have just had a recall on our van April 03 model for the front brake hoses, going to be done on Friday, the annoying part is we have to travel a 60 mile round trip, to get to a garage Fiat reccomended thats available to accomadate our size of van ( kontiki), we are closer to two local Fiat dealers who are not able to take it. This is the second recall we have had in 3 months, the earlier was for the rubber tyre valves to be changed to steel. theres got to be a third wait for it.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Ceri: You may wish to consider yourself very fortunate. The usual reason for metal tyre valves being required is to cope with tyre inflation pressures that are significantly above the normal maximum (say, above 70psi). Michelin's XC Camping tyre is commonly fitted to Fiat-based motorhomes and, as this tyre can be inflated safely to 80psi (in fact, this pressure is often recommended in motorhome handbooks), metal tyre valves must be fitted when it is anticipated that these high pressures will be employed. If you've got XC Camping tyres on your 'van and have been using tyre-pressures above 70psi with rubber valves, you've been very lucky that a valve hasn't failed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen Stoneham
Have just read the report about the fiat recall and logged onto the VOSA sight. Found that the Burstner 748-2 that I have just bought has indeed got a brake recall on it,and the previous owner has done nothing about it. Will be getting in contact with fiat and the dealer I bought the van from first thing monday. Fantastic info site. Steve and ann.

Archived