Fiat Servicing

degsy

I know this may be a sensitive and potentially awkward request but my vehicle, a Fiat Ducato-based motorhome, is shortly due for its first service. Knowing the problems we motorcaravaners have with getting 'good', 'honest' and 'reliable' servicing carried out - and I had them with my previous motorcaravan which wasn't a Fiat - I would prefer to take it to a garage on recommendation rather than picking the nearest or the prettiest. Clearly it has to maintained by a 'certified' dealer or garage to maintain the warranty but whether they are all equally competent I doubt. We live in west Cheshire so anything within a couple of hours or so would be most helpful.

Hi, degsy have you got to have the habitation service also ? the resaon i ask is that most of the Fiat franchises can't do a habitation check so if you do need to have the habition checked for your warrantee it could be better to try and combine them and i would think if you have to take that route it will probeberly narrow your choice's Hope this helps

I hadn't considered having a habitation check, I don't think it is necessary as the warranty is for three years and no servicing is required - I think... So I'm just looking to have the usual mechanical service, oil change, etc. carried out properly. thanks, Enodreven

[QUOTE]degsy - 2006-07-11 9:42 PM I hadn't considered having a habitation check, I don't think it is necessary as the warranty is for three years and no servicing is required - I think... So I'm just looking to have the usual mechanical service, oil change, etc. carried out properly. thanks, Enodreven[/QUOTE]

Check your warranty conditions, though.  You may need an annual inspection to maintain any watertightness warranty.

Regards

Archived