Fiat ducato trigano tribute dashboard not working

happyhearty

Hi there

Just recently bought a 2009 trigano tribute 650 and after a night camping, started engine and noticed that all the guages are stuck from the time I switched off engine the night before. The engine starts OK and all my lights, indicators work, no problem. Trouble is I don't have any readings, diesel level, clock, temp etc. The spare key may have been used by mistake, not sure

Any suggestions would be great

Regards Eric

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Eric.

A GOOGLE-search using “ducato instruments not working” retrieved the results shown here:

https://tinyurl.com/yxm7mbya

The following website advises on gauges not working and it will be apparent that there are plenty of possible reasons and some of these do not involve a fault with the instrument-cluster itself.

https://www.lifewire.com/gauges-in-car-not-working-4140224

The “REPLACING FUSES” section of the Fiat Ducato Owner Handbook for 2009 vehicles indicates that the fuse-box behind a small removable cover in the dashboard carries several fuses said to relate to the vehicle’s instrument panel, and It would be worth checking those fuses are OK just in case the problem has a simple cause.

(I also have two ignition-keys for my Ducato, but I can’t think of a credible reason why using one key rather than the other to start the vehicle should have any potential to cause harm.)

I appreciate that the vehicle is not the same as my x244 2.8 JTD, but on the 2.8 JTD there is a fuse F11, labelled "E.I. Secondary sevices", which serves a multitude of services, including the instrument panel.

This fuse is located in the Engine Bay fusebox, and has been the cause of obscure faults mentioned on the Fiat Forum.

It could be worth checking your Fiat Owners Manual for a fuse having a similar description, and then checking the appropriate fuse.

Alan

Archived