Fiat ducatto 2015 Burstner Nexxo soverign Zenec e3715

bigjohnthecat

Hi

Every time my batteries go flat I loose my reversing camera off my radio why do's this happen please?

I have since got a 150 watt solar panel fitted and a dual controller that will prevent this hopefully from occouring again? But still no camera? It shows up but the screen is grayed out? Any else have this problem with a Zenec E3175 please?

Did the Zenec and the camera come with the Ducato as original equipment, or have you fitted either/both? I assume it did work OK?

If supplied with the van, why not take it to a Fiat Professional dealer to check and/or reset, possible under warranty?

I'm puzzled by your comment that the battery (presumably the starter battery) goes flat. How has that happened? The starter battery should hold its charge for weeks. Is something permanently drawing current that should not do so? Does the van have an alarm, as these can cause flat batteries?

Do you have the Zenec manual? Have you tried performing a reset, to return it to its factory fresh state, and then worked through the set up of the camera from scratch?

Sorry for all the questions, but it isn't quite clear where you've got to with troubleshooting.

bigjohnthecat - 2019-01-25 12:28 PM

Hi

Every time my batteries go flat I loose my reversing camera off my radio why do's this happen please?

I have since got a 150 watt solar panel fitted and a dual controller that will prevent this hopefully from occouring again? But still no camera? It shows up but the screen is grayed out? Any else have this problem with a Zenec E3175 please?

I would guess that the radio uses the Starter battery to save settings like stations programmed, Audio settings, etc and maybe had settings saved for the camera input?

Could the Radio itself set up what needs to be done and could it be as simple as unplugging the camera input from the radio and plugging it back in? Or is it just a case of setting up the radio again for the camera feed manually?

What do the Radio instructions say about a camera feed?

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-25 6:30 PM

Did the Zenec and the camera come with the Ducato as original equipment, or have you fitted either/both? I assume it did work OK?

If supplied with the van, why not take it to a Fiat Professional dealer to check and/or reset, possible under warranty?

A number of German converters were factory-fitting these at the time, and continue to do so with subsequent models. I suspect it will have been a Burstner option, and thus a Fiat Professional dealer will be of little help.

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-25 6:30 PM

Do you have the Zenec manual? Have you tried performing a reset, to return it to its factory fresh state, and then worked through the set up of the camera from scratch?

There is only one thing I can think of barring malfunctioning equipment or a failed connection. If the lack of power has caused the unit to lose its settings, it is quite possible that the "camera" setting under "Driver Assistance" in the setup process for this unit has defaulted back to "Off" rather than "rear view camera" (which would presumably make the camera available). Recovery from other lost settings might be simple, but this one possibly not immediately apparent? (See Attachment)

It might help if the OP could give some more detail around the statement "But still no camera? It shows up but the screen is grayed out?"

zenec.thumb.JPG.f1556bab5061ca5c261626f82776d0a3.JPG

English-language documentaion for the Zenec E3715 unit is available on-line

https://www.gebruikershandleiding.com/Zenec-Z-E3715/handleiding-5-544973.html

but there’s little information about the reversing-camera feature.

There is a small number of UK motorhome forum threads discussing the E3715 unit, (a Waeco camera normally seems to be fitted) with the following link relating to loss of the camera image after the motorhome had been unused for a while

https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/163-reversing-cameras/205858-reversing-camera-not-working-after-lay-up.html

As John uses the plural (“batteries”) it seems more likely that it has been his Burstner’s leisure-batteries that have gone flat and caused the reversing-camera function to be lost - but I’m not sure if that matters much. (My Rapido’s horrid Pioneer head-unit seems to be connected to the starter-battery and leisure-battery :-( )

It’s to be expected, if the battery powering an E3715 is disconnected or goes flat, that transient settings and ‘On or Off’’ options may well be lost and will need to be reset once the battery has been reconnected or recharged. However (from reading John’s posting) it SEEMS that the reversing-function that was lost when his motorhome batteries went flat was regained each time afterwards, but now the camera function does not work at all. If that interpretation is correct, then John will know how to play about with the camera function (presumably via the camera icon on the Zenec’s touchscreen).

(There’s a Dutch-language forum attached to the 1st link above, with one person saying that loss of the reversing-camera function had been common with his E3715 and restoring the function involved disconnecting and reconnecting the camera cable from the head-unit.)

I have the same unit in a Burstner Viseo. I find I need to switch on the 12v supply first to get the unit working if the van has been lying for any length of time over 6 weeks (I try not to allow that but weather at this time of year can spoil plans). I guess the van battery is a bit depleted but I assume it’s connected to the leisure batteries.

Hi

Every time my batteries go flat ...

John,

Do you know why your batteries(?) go flat? Is it through standing for too long or are the batteries past their sell by date?

I personally would be looking at finding a way to prevent the batteries going flat before chasing a fix for your camera problem.

Continually allowing any battery to go flat will do it serious harm.

Just my view.

Keith.

Derek Uzzell - 2019-01-26 8:11 AM

English-language documentaion for the Zenec E3715 unit is available on-line

https://www.gebruikershandleiding.com/Zenec-Z-E3715/handleiding-5-544973.html

...just for anyone else chasing down Zenec documentation.

The current models' manuals are downloadable via the support pages of their website (zenec.com) along with software updates for both current and older models, but the "official" manual repository for their older models is available via their holding company's website (ACR), here:

http://www.acr.ch/en/home/support/manuals/zenec/

Keithl - 2019-01-26 9:38 AM

Hi

Every time my batteries go flat ...

John,

Do you know why your batteries(?) go flat? Is it through standing for too long or are the batteries past their sell by date?

I personally would be looking at finding a way to prevent the batteries going flat before chasing a fix for your camera problem.

Continually allowing any battery to go flat will do it serious harm.

Just my view.

Keith.

From his posting John seems to have addressed the battery-flattening by adding a solar-panel system.

“But still no camera?”

Well i have that Zenec E-3715. And a Waeco rear camera. For 3.5 years on burstner aviano. For the UK market mostly pioneer. It works perfectly during the time. But these multi media head units in the fiat dash take some to understand. As on all other not really original built in by fiat. Zenec is expensive in Nav updates. And if your cd or dvd is stucked in the head unit you are out of order for two months.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived