Fiat oil change

Guest alan

Guest alan
I'm trying to do an oil change between services but I don't have a sump plug socket for the current model 2.8JTD engine.Does anyone know what size plug I need please?

Guest Paul W
Not sure if its the same problem, but our Peugeot Boxer sump plug did not seem to be able to suit any drain plug key, I purchased and returned 5 different Imperial and Metric sized keys in a vain attemp to fit the plug in the sump. Part of the problem was that due to the location of the plug, it was difficult to see the hole in the plug without the aid of a mirror. I ended up buying a new plug from the main dealer (cost £1.45 needed a new sealing washer anyway as it is rubber lipped) and took it with me to our local Halfords where I tried all the drain plug sockets on display finding none fitted. I then realised that due to the way the square hole had been made in the plug that the corners were not square and this was stopping a standard 8mm drain plug key that had sharp corners from entering the plug drive hole. Simply filing off the corners from the key (kindly done for me by a more helpful than normal Halfords assistant) allowed it into the hole and I was then able to fit it into the one on the vehicle and remove the plug.

Archived