Fiat specified engine oil

rolandrat

The hand book states that Selina 5w-40 must be used in their engines so I bought two seperate litres which cost £21.20 inc vat for top up purposes and was told that it could invalidate my warranty if I used any other. Not very happy at paying silly money for engine oil I rang Fuchs technical department and quoted the oil specs and they told me that their Titan GT1 5w-40 more than fulfilled the requirements so I'll price it up.

You are absolutely right.

We found that the Selenia 5W40 was so riddiculously expensive and all that for a semi-synthetic that we searched around and found several alternatives.

We settled on a Gulf oil that is half the price and is a fully synthetic into the bargain. The biggest surprise is that this oil is 'fully miscible with semi synthetic oils' which means we have no problems with it being topped up with different oils between services.

If you can find it it's called 'Formula G'

Also worth mentioning that Nissan dealers stock a semi syn 5W40 and it is much cheaper than the Fiat one.

Don't get me wrong; Selenia oils are very good but they are just too costly.

Nick

Guest Tracker

The Peugeot handbook (2006) refers one to 'Total' oils, however it also specifies the type and grades of oil required if you opt for other makes.

Fuchs Titan 5w/40 Supersyn exceeds those requirements and has just cost me £22.60 for a five litre can.

Guest Tracker

My local motor factor stocks it - the same one who totally cocked up ordering my leisure batteries - twice - but I don't hold a grudge!

Not much use to you I know, but I don't think the likes of Halfords stock it?

Archived