First time in france aires Roscof July 27 at approx 7pm

Guest Maria

Guest Maria
We are going to france for the firstime at the end of July. We arrive in Roscoff approx 7pm we would like to spend the first night in an aire or services. How easy will this be, any advice on were to stay will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Guest Derek Uzzell
For up-to-date information on aires de services I suggest you visit www.campingcar-infos.com At end of July the motorhome parking at Roscoff itself is likely to be crowded and nearby St Pol de Leon has gained a reputation for 'youthful pranks'. For a quiet night I recommend St Thegonnec (south of Roscoff, just off the N12) - plenty of parking, free services and an excellent (Monday-Friday) Relais Routier.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Another option, considerably closer to Roscoff, might be at Mechouroux. Follow the D58 south from Roscoff towards Landivisiau for about 5km. Then go west on the D75 towards Dossen. After about 4km, turn right towards Mechouroux and Santec. The aire de services is well signed from the D75 (or it was when I last went there!). The service-point is privately owned by the Bistrot a Crepes in Mechouroux village and the parking area is in a large flat field behind the bar/creperie. Lovely unspoiled beaches within a short walk. More information/photos on www.campingcar-infos.com and www.santec.fr

Guest Alan
Although not an aire de service there is plenty of parking at the port.Once you leave the security gates of the port after about 150m the road goes up a hill.Near the top of this hill is a large car park on the right hand side.By the time you arrive it should be virtually empty as everyone else will be boarding.I use it several times each year with no problem.There is also an aire in Roskoff but I would not recommend it as it is difficult to get level.The car park I have mentioned is approved by Brittany ferries for overnight stays.Bon voyage

Guest Teresa
The aire at Roscoff always appears to be very crowded. An alternative is at Carantec. There is an aire there but there is also a little beach which is very nice. There is also an aire at St. Pol de Leon which we have used a lot.

Guest Maria
Just to say thanks for all the replies. Being new to the moterhome life it is reassuring to know there are people willing to share their own expierences to help the novices.

Archived