Fixed toilet tank additives

flyboyprowler

Ainsley,

I assume you mean the large, American style 'Black' holding tank and not the typical Cassette style of toilet?

If so what does your owners manual say about using the holding tank? If nothing then have you asked either your dealer or the manufacturer, I would hope they should be a better source of information.

Keith.

I put a tab of Milton in the header tank ( never had any black bits ) and use Aldi blue in the cassette , have used bio laundry liquid in the past but a bit too poo smelly for my liking compared to using the blue .

Some will say that using the Aldi blue will kill the planet but then some say my diesel motorhome is doing the same .

Derek Uzzell - 2018-09-11 8:31 AM

This 2005 discussion may be of interest

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Fixed-toilet-waste-tanks/1807/

Thanks to all for the input. The opinions seem to be split, and I think that up to date systems may have changed. As far as I know, our system has a syphon flush (like aircraft) and no macerator, so today will be a day of research and enquiry as to whether the manufacturer or builder have an answer. The sales people were not helpful, so I will report back when I get an answer.

So further to the last, we have a Jabasco electric flush, and the very nice man at Jabasco tells me that we have a macerator, and that only loo paper, or anything that you have eaten can go down there. As to additives, Blu stuff will only help with smells, and can be added, if required down the bowl, but if anything extra is needed to help with breakdown of solids then it MUST be added to the holding tank directly and not added down the toilet. Marine toilet cleaners are recommended to use as a cleaner on a fairly regular basis, and these are added to the bowl.

Apparently, we should not have a problem with smells, so I guess this system is used like a home toilet.

Ainsley

Archived